The format will follow previous years formats, where assembled physicians and allies will hear from legislative leaders in the morning (this year via Zoom), and then have virtual visits with their respective legislators in the afternoon.
With the Governor and the State Legislature needing to create tens of billions of savings to the State Budget, any number of healthcare programs of interest to physicians could be on the table, not to mention concerns with the numerous proposals to inappropriately expand the scope of practice for various n on-physicians as well as numerous proposals to mandate how physicians provide care to their patients.
TUESDAY MARCH 2ND, 2021
Following the morning program, physician and allied groups will meet with legislators and their staff!
- Oppose cuts to Medicaid
- Maintaining adequate supply of PPE
- Oppose inappropriate scope expansion
- Expand Telehealth coverage
- Discuss health concerns with legalizing recreational marijuana
- Reject Unfair Professional Discipline changes
- Reducing prior authorization hassles
- Rejecting burdensom mandates
- Shape the discussion surrounding Single Payor Healthcare
- Preserving opportunities for NY’s medical students and residents
For More Information Contact: